About Me

My photo
Kingston, Jamaica
You can email me at crrorke@yahoo.ca or find me on Skype at coreena.rorke

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tropical Storm Warning!

Hi Guys!

As you have probably heard on the news, we are anticipating a major tropical storm down here.

Not to worry, there are a lot of people looking out for me here. I am as prepared as I can be (water, food, laterns, windows taped, etc). If sh#t were to hit the fan, I will be quite comfortable in my apartment for a couple of weeks...my shakes will keep me going! It is a solid and secure building. This is not anticipated to be a disaster in Jamaica, but we will get A LOT of heavy rain, roads and bridges are likely to be damaged, loss of power and water is normal. When Nicole hit 5 weeks ago, it was the same drill, the city was pretty much shut down for a week or so, and cleanup with be on going, but it will be back to business as usual in no time.
If you don't hear from me for a few days, relax and remember how capable and resourceful I am! And know that there are a lot of people looking for the niave little white girl in Jamaica! haha!

We are closing the office today at Noon, everyone is heading for cover, and not likely reporting to work on Friday.

Again, these are all just precautions, the storm will likely just pass us by with little effect, but better safe then sorry.

One love!
Coreena

No comments:

Post a Comment